Climate change is making California hotter, drier, and harder for people and wildlife. Beaver can help.
Please join us on April 7 (International Beaver Day) and April 9 for the California Beaver Summit. During two online half-day sessions the summit will explore the many benefits that beavers offer to the ecosystems they occupy.
BEAVER ESSENTIALS: History and Management
Keynote Address: Beaver Habitat and Salmonids – Michael Pollock
- Beaver Introduction
- California Beaver History
- Climate change and how beavers can help
- Tribal Restoration Partners
- Beavers, Amphibians and Birds
- CDFW Policy and habitat
- Common conflicts and how to manage
- Local examples of beaver management
BEAVER DYNAMICS: Ecosystems and Restoration
Keynote Address: Keynote Address: Beavers & Fire Refugia –
- Human Dimensions of Beaver Restoration
- Beavers, BDAs & Coho Salmon Recovery
- Low-Tech Process-Based Restoration of Riverscapes
- Beavers for Restoration & Conservation
- Barriers to beaver Restoration
- Bring Back the Beaver Campaign Updates
- Community Involvement and SLO Beaver Brigade
Science News looks at how humans and beavers can work together to help streams survive wildfire and drought, with CA Beaver Summit speakers Joe Wheaton & Emily Fairfax. Low-tech restoration gains popularity as an effective fix for ailing waterways in the American West.
California Beaver Summit
Climate change is making California hotter, drier, and harder on people and wildlife. Find out how beaver can help.
→ Email Us